Monday, October 4

Home and Hearth

I'm pleased to say we made it home safely after 23 hours of travelling! I know it sounds like a long time, and there were times that it certainly felt like a lot longer, but I'm still amazed that a person can travel so very far in such a short time.

We had a lovely holiday visiting family and seeing the sites in northern Oregon and Washington State. Definitely a beautiful part of the country with rugged, snow-capped mountains, majestic fir trees, rolling fog, charming little towns and even some beautiful autumnal colours starting to show. I was so inspired by the fall colours and the Halloween decorations that I spent quite a lot of my spare time sketching. I ended up with several pages of new designs that I'll share with you during this month. Most of them are Halloween or autumn inspired (even though it is spring outside my own little window) with a spattering of Christmas ideas thrown in too.

2 comments:

Gram's Treasures said...

Hi Beccy, I don't see your email, but I would like to pass on the Beautiful Blogger award to thank you for all the inspiration you provide to me and others. Please check out my blog at http://gramstreasures.blogspot.com/2010/10/beautiful-blogger-award.html where you will find the award and details. Have a great day!

Kelley said...

I'm glad you had a good time in Oregon and Washington. I hope you didn't get rained on too often! It has been beautiful the last couple of days.
Thank you for sharing your gift of drawing with us.
A Native Oregionian