Friday, February 10

Negative Colouring

I started out by printing the peacock image from the "True Beauty" digital stamp set onto a piece of dark blue card stock, and then colouring with white pencil. I really enjoyed working on all the layers of feathers in his tail, and it was surprisingly quick to do. The trickiest part was the bird's eye... the first one I coloured (and binned!) had a strange cock-eyed look to it because I got the highlight and shine in the wrong place. I could tell right away that it wasn't right, so at least I didn't waste time colouring all the feathers only to realise my mistake.




15 comments:

Leanne said...

Beautiful,I love all of the detail.

Milka Gubo said...

WoW!!! This is stunning, Beccy, and I love it! :o) xx

ike said...

Ahhh !!!! AWESOME !!!! :-) xxx

TracyM #6773 said...

GORGEOUS card, it really is a TRUE BEAUTY!

Teresa said...

Pretty!

Dee said...

What a gorgeous card! Your coloring is awesome!

Peggy T. said...

Wow. How beautiful. You're such an inspiration to try new things. Thank you.

terrie said...

Just beautiful.....you did a fantastic job on your coloring and the layout of your card.....well done and tfs

Donna said...

Oh my, this is stunning Beccy! You have a lot of patience to be able to color this. I'm not as confident in my coloring ability. But I love your coloring and your card! Happy weekend.

Kath said...

A fabulous card, beautiful colouring.
Kath x

Kraftychick said...

Love the white on darker color. Genious and a gorgeous image to work with. I have the image printed, but haven't started coloring yet. Any special white pencil suggestions? I have Prisma pencils which I may try first. Thanks for sharing this idea for a beautiful card!

Beccy said...

Hi Kraftychick. I also use Prismacolor pencils and am always happy with the result, but any good quality pencil will do.
Have fun!
Cheers,
Beccy

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW!
Faith
x

Deb Kane said...

Lovely Beccy, I would like to try this too. What colour ink did you print with??

Beccy said...

Hi Deb. The image is a digital stamp that I printed on my ordinary, run of the mill, ink jet printer. The black ink shows up enough against the dark blue card stock to be visible.
Cheers,
Beccy